Constructive discussions at the highest level continued during the official talks in an expanded format.
A wide range of issues related to the expansion of political, trade-economic, scientific-cultural relations was considered and important consensus reached at the meetings and negotiations at the highest level.
The two friendly countries will expand their cooperation in relation to regional security, ecology and environmental protection, and efficient use of hydropower resources, mitigation of climate change.
The expansion of cooperation in the spheres of energy and transport was named among the strategic directions of cooperation.
Both sides reached an agreement on the revitalization of the Intergovernmental Commission on Trade-Economic and Scientific-Technical Cooperation.
The proposal of the President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon that was supported by the Turkmen side is initiation of direct air service between the cities of Dushanbe and Ashgabat in the near future, increase in the number of presidential quotas between the two countries for the training of students at the universities of Tajikistan and Turkmenistan.
Shortly, Tajik students will be able to study at the International Oil and Gas University of Turkmenistan. In the near future the issue of visa-free visits of citizens of Tajikistan and Turkmenistan, who have service passports, will also be addressed.
The relations in the fields of health and medical industry will also be developed.
Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov invited Emomali Rahmon to participate in the events related to the 20th anniversary of "Permanent Neutrality of Turkmenistan" in December of this year.
The Tajik President Emomali Rahmon, in his turn, invited Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov to pay an official visit to Tajikistan. Both proposals have been favorably accepted.
Five new cooperation documents were signed based on the results of official meetings and negotiations at the highest level between Tajikistan and Turkmenistan in Ashgabat, including:
- Memorandum between the National Library of Tajikistan and the State Library of the State Cultural Centre of the Ministry of Culture of Turkmenistan in the field of library science;
- Agreement on cooperation between the Committee for Television and Radio under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan and the State Committee of Turkmenistan for Television, Radio Broadcasting and Cinematography;
- Agreement on cooperation between the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Tajikistan and the Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan;
- Program of Cooperation between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan for 2016-2017;
- Joint Statement by the President of the Republic of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon and President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov.
The signed documents will undoubtedly give a strong momentum to further expansion of bilateral cooperation between Tajikistan and Turkmenistan. It should be recalled that the legal base of mutual relations of Tajikistan and Turkmenistan will be regulated hence by over 75 documents on cooperation.
In the other News
- MFA News
- Economy News